Over eating or Dietetic errors causes indigestion. This is also known as dyspepsia a Greek word meaning difficulty in digestion. How to cure indigestion and stomach pain naturally at home is given below. This is most common in people who eat more and varieties of foods especially on the marriage days, Jubilee and festival days followed by heavy lunch. There shall be discomfort in the upper abdomen.
How to cure Indigestion and stomach pain naturally in Kids
- Apple Vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Pine Apple
- Ginger. lemon and Honey
- Herbal Tea
- Funnel Seeds
- Mint Leaves
Tips to follow to avoid indigestion
While eating Proper mastication and salivation of food is essential. Also if foods are not properly cooked or wrong food combinations will result in dyspepsia.
Avoid intake of fried food, rich and spicy foods. Avoid alcohol, excessive smoking causes indigestion. Constipation is also the result in few patients.
symptoms for indigestion and stomach Pain
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Heart burn
- acid regurgitation
- Vomiting sensation
- Gas are the usual symptoms for indigestion and stomach pain.
home remedies to cure indigestion and stomach Pain naturally
Mild indigestion does not require any treatment. It will be relieved in a short period of time. Vomiting usually provides relief. To avoid dyspepsia better avoid over eating. Do not eat full stomach, one should not eat in hurry. Simultaneous eating and drinking is also not good.
The home remedies to cure stomach pain are as under
- Eat a banana daily after a meal.
- Pour the juice of half of a lemon to half cup of water. Add little sugar and drink, Add the juice of half of a lemon to a glass of water, along with a bit of soda bicarbonate and stir well. This gives instant relief. Lemon is the best fruit for the treatment of dyspepsia. Its juice attacks the bacteria. The juice of one lemon, of course diluted with water before the day meal is good. It is the amazing home remedies for indigestion
- Take two or three small pieces of ginger with little salt before eating a heavy meal.
- The use of fruits is very much beneficial in the treatment of dyspepsia. Grapes removes indigestion. 100 to 200 gms of grapes can be taken daily. one tablespoon of pomegranate juice mixed with a table spoon of honey is a good tonic. This relieves giddiness also. Half glass of pineapple juice can be taken after a meal.
- Chutneys prepared using mint leaves, curry leaves and coriander leaves are good in giving a relief from indigestion.
more remedies to cure Indigestion and stomach pain Naturally
- Boil a glass of water mildly with little jaggery and one spoon of pepper powder. Then add little milk and drink. There will be relief.
- Half a glass of carrot juice, diluted with equal quantity of water can be taken daily once to treat indigestion. Even chewing of carrots is beneficial it quickens digestion.
- Take one spoon of juice of tulsi leaves thrice a day.
- Use of butter milk is known to man from the very beginning . a glass of thin buttermilk mixed with a quarter teaspoon of pepper powder yields better results. It is better if one practices the habit of taking a cup of buttermilk every day to keep away from indigestion.
- If you lose appetite due to indigestion take about six to eight fruits daily.
- Tomato juice is also good
- An apple a a day keeps dyspepsia away
- Add little salt, lemon juice and little cumin powder in a glass of water. this combination gives relief from indigestion. Ginger juice half of an hour before meals, papaya juice, pineapple juice, cucumber and cabbage juice, a blend of carrot, beetroot, spinach can also be taken. Avoid over eating and physical exercise is needed.
- Use one date fruit daily after a meal, it increases the mouth’s taste
- Add a pinch of Hing powder (asafetida) and ghee to little boiled rice. mix well, this should be taken before the regular meal.
- Chew funnel seeds after a meal gives good relief.
- Follow the golden rule Dinner to sleep a while , supper to walk a mile.(Here sleep means little rest.)